Evaluate your standard of living:
Give some time to look and Evaluate your current standard of living. This will assist you in recognizing your current health practices. Most of the time you will figure out why you are over weight. Then you plan to change your standard of living.
Your present health:
Once you get to know where is the problem it will give you stimulus, it is easy to change to standard of living.
- Think this obesity is a risk factor to get diabetes
- And if you are diabetic it will increase your chances of getting cardiovascular disease.
- Find out where is the deficiency and improve it.
- Once you get in to healthy standard of living , you must have the commitment to continue this in future.
- It will pave your path of healthy will being in future.
Get your risk assessment:
Consult your health provider and get your health assessment. Your risk improved when you chose to quit smoking and decide to lose weight. Here in diabetic institute of Pakistan our diabitologist and psychologists calculate your risk assessment and help out in quitting the smoking and weight loss. Every patient is special and Our routine is
- When patient comes to our center, his or her weight and height is calculated and his or her BMI is calculated,
- After Complete assessment his risk calculation is given
- Every patient is encouraged to attend our every Saturday session where group of professional diabetologist and psychologist help them out to change their life style
- By the end of eight session more than 90% people have started to change there life in a healthy way. Mosty quit smoking and start doing exercise.
- Our professionals remove inferiority thinking and stigma of diabetes attached with them.
Asses your surroundings:
Your surrounding definitely effect your weight and smoking habit. It is proven fact that if diabetic has good sugar control his or her contemporary has improve there glycemic control. Our surrounding weather in home or job, our surrounding is packed with unhealthy atmosphere. Even our holidays most of the times are unhealthy. Most of the TV commercials are focusing unhealthy food patterns.
Here in this section I will discuss how to convert and unhealthy environment in to a healthy environment.
Food inventory: Does your home envirnment and neighbourhood support your healthy envirnment or not. Like don’t buy lot of eatables at once and store in the fridge. It will push you to unhealthy eating. Don’t buy unnecessory food like sweets candies.
Envirnemt of the neighbourhood: Like crime rate in, green belts, educational status of your neighbourhood definetly effect your healthy activity.
How to make kitchen record:
- Through the expired food.
- Milk storage not more than 5-6 days
- Fish storage 2-3 days, pultry 3-4 days.
- Butter one week. Eggs 2-3 weeks.
Stages of changing habbits:
- Change seems to be good but it is very difficult to do and I would rather do some thing else.
- I should think of change but I don’t think its the right time to do it.
- I should make the change but by next month I will definetly do it.
- I have started the plan but I should not have to start it.
- I have made a new routine and I should stuck to it.
Changing habbits is hard to do it if it is health and consistency make it more part of your habbit and try to enjoy it .